3CX - Software PBX for Windows
Unify your communications with 3CX Phone System for Windows – an IP Phone System that completely replaces your proprietary PBX, supports standard SIP soft/hard phones, VoIP services and traditional PSTN phone lines. 3CX Phone System is far less expensive than a traditional PBX and can reduce call costs substantially by using a VoIP service provider. Its web-based administration makes phone system management easy. 3CX Phone System eliminates the phone wiring network and allows users to easily work remotely.
3CX offers both a free and paid versions. Thee free version only limits call concurrency to 2 simultaneous calls while the paid version supports up to 1024 simultaneous calls.
Download: Download 3CX
3CX PBX v12
Inside the User Settings Wizard there are 3 Main sections: General Settings, Phone Settings,and Finalize. The User Settings Wizard takes about 20 minutes to setup, most of which is the Database being created.
- To begin select the Language.
- Next Create New PBX
- Next select the number of digits for your extensions. The default number is 3, but can be changed to range between 2 and 5.
- Next enter your Mail Server (this will be your email information).
- Lastly in the General Settings create a Administrator username and password.
- To begin create an extension
- Next choose your Region and International Dialing Code.
- Next you will have the ability to choose the region where international calls can be made.
- Next Choose your VoIP Provider, this may be completed at a later time.
- Lastly Save the configuration, then the database will be created (may take some time)
- After the database has been created login with your User Name and Password.
- To begin we will add a new VoIP Provider, this is done by Add >VoIP Provider.
Enter the follwing Information in the VoIP Provider Field
- Name of Provider: IPComms
- Country: Generic
- Provider: Generic VoIP Provider.
After entering the information above select Next
- Next you will enter the SIP server hostname or IP: 2way.ipcomms.net this will also be entered into the Outbound proxy hostname or IP field
Next enter the Account Details
- External Number: SIP User (NPA-NXX-XXXX)
- Authentication ID (aka SIP User ID): SIP Username.
- Authentication Password: Password assigned in Provisioning Letter.
- 3 Way Authentication ID: SIP Username .
- Maximum simultaneous calls: 2 (Free Version).
- Here you will configure where calls will go during office hours
Next create an Outbound Call Rule
- Create a Rule Name
- Here you also have the ability to create routes and strip digits. This rule may be completed at a later time.
Now we will Add our DID, this is done by Inbound Rules->Add DID.
- Create a Inbound Rule Name, this will appear on inbound calls
- DID/DDI number/mask: NPA-NXX-XXXX This will be your DID
- Select the Provider (IPComms) in the Available Ports field
- Lastly choose the location for the DID to route
Creating and Registering an Extension
- After creating the extension's User Information go to the 3CXPhone Tab, and inside the Configure default phone to use in 3CXPhone for Windows select Inbuilt Softphone.
- After selecting apply you will see the Extension Created as well as the Proxy Server, Extension Number, Authentication ID, and the Authentication Password.
Click here for a complete manual of the 3CX Phone System
3CX, 3CX Phone System for Windows and the 3CX logo are trademarks of 3CX Ltd.