Update FreePBX® to 2.10
The main change from the 2.9 to 2.10 update is the layout of the menu buttons inside the GUI. Initially they were on the left hand side inside collapsible folders, now they are on the top of the page with drop down items.
- After logging in go to the ToolsTab and select Module Admin.
- Next select the Check Online
- Select the 2.10 Upgrade Tool inside the Admin section.
- Next select Process then Confirm
- Next go to the 2.10 Upgrade Tool inside the Tools.
- Then select Upgrade Now
- Next you will be given steps on how to complete the upgrade. Make sure to follow the instructions.
Next follow the instructions from the 2.10 Upgrade Tool
- First go to the Module Admin page and select Check Online, from there you will see an available upgrade. Simply select the Download and Upgrade to 220.127.116.11 then select Process
- Next select Confirm. From there you will see a dialog box pop up with the changes being made.
- After the core of 2.10 has been installed you will see a few more modules appear.
- All modules can be updated at once, but for the purpose of this tutorial they will be done in blocks.
- First we will Download and Upgrade to 18.104.22.168 the Core, then Process the request.
- After Confirming, a dialog box will appear near the middle of the screen.
- After upgrading the Core the 2.11 Upgrade Tool will appear.
- Next select to Upgrade to 22.214.171.124 and Enable the FreePBX® Framewordk and the FreePBX ARI Framework
- Finally select Upgrade all this will upgrade all other modules to 2.10 then Process
Review of 2.10
The layout of the 2.10 GUI has changed the layout and placement of the menu items from the left hand side as expandable items to a single row on the top with fewer items. Several items were also moved around,so be sure to take some time to re-navigate through the Menu's. There are no longer separate Menu's to navigate through to go Setup and Tools. Overall the management of Asterisk and file management has improved from 2.9 to 2.10.