3CX - Software PBX for Windows
Configuring IPComms SIP Trunking Service with 3CX PBX (v15)
In this sample device configuration guide, we'll show you how to connect your 3CX PBX (V15) to your IPComms SIP trunk.
For assistance with setting up your 3CX visit their website (First Time Configuration of 3CX)
Enter the follwing Information in the VoIP Provider Field
- Name of Provider: IPComms
- Country: Generic
- Provider: Generic VoIP Provider.
Log in to your account or open your Provisioning Letter to find your server/domain and enter the Trunk Details:
- xxxx.ipcomms.net (example: sip.ipcomms.net)
Next enter the Account Details
- External Number: SIP User (NPANXXXXXX)
- Authentication ID (aka SIP User ID): SIP Username
- Authentication Password: Password assigned in Provisioning Letter.
- Here you will configure where calls will go during office hours
Next create an Outbound Call Rule
- Create a Rule Name
- Here you also have the ability to create routes and strip digits. This rule may be completed at a later time.
Now we will Add our DID, this is done by Inbound Rules->Add DID.
- Create a Inbound Rule Name, this will appear on inbound calls
- DID/DDI number/mask: NPA-NXX-XXXX This will be your DID
- Select the Provider (IPComms) in the Available Ports field
- Lastly choose the location for the DID to route
Creating and Registering an Extension
- After creating the extension's User Information go to the 3CXPhone Tab, and inside the Configure default phone to use in 3CXPhone for Windows select Inbuilt Softphone.
- After selecting apply you will see the Extension Created as well as the Proxy Server, Extension Number, Authentication ID, and the Authentication Password.
Click here for a complete manual of the 3CX Phone System
3CX, 3CX Phone System for Windows and the 3CX logo are trademarks of 3CX Ltd.