Enter the follwing Information in the VoIP Provider Field
- Name of Provider: IPComms
- Country: Generic
- Provider: Generic VoIP Provider.
After entering the information enter the Trunk Details:
- x.ipcomms.net (Login to your account or open your Provisioning Letter to find your server/domain)
Next enter the Account Details
- External Number: SIP User (NPANXXXXXX)
- Authentication ID (aka SIP User ID): SIP Username
- Authentication Password: Password assigned in Provisioning Letter.
- Here you will configure where calls will go during office hours
Next create an Outbound Call Rule
- Create a Rule Name
- Here you also have the ability to create routes and strip digits. This rule may be completed at a later time.
Now we will Add our DID, this is done by Inbound Rules->Add DID.
- Create a Inbound Rule Name, this will appear on inbound calls
- DID/DDI number/mask: NPA-NXX-XXXX This will be your DID
- Select the Provider (IPComms) in the Available Ports field
- Lastly choose the location for the DID to route
Creating and Registering an Extension
- After creating the extension's User Information go to the 3CXPhone Tab, and inside the Configure default phone to use in 3CXPhone for Windows select Inbuilt Softphone.
- After selecting apply you will see the Extension Created as well as the Proxy Server, Extension Number, Authentication ID, and the Authentication Password.
Click here for a complete manual of the 3CX Phone System
3CX, 3CX Phone System for Windows and the 3CX logo are trademarks of 3CX Ltd.