Setting up the Polycom SoundPoint 331
The Polycom SoundPoint IP 331 is a simple, reliable IP deskphone that offers Polycom HD Voice quality and enterprise-grade features.
The last thing your business needs is another set of technologies that will distract your teams from the business at hand. The most commonly requested phone features are the simple ones – often, all your teams need is a simple, reliable deskphone without the distraction created by advanced features.
The SoundPoint IP 331 is a two-line enterprise-grade IP deskphone with excellent sound quality that is easy to use. It is designed for small and medium-sized businesses and enterprises.
- This entry-level Phone offers:
- Revolutionary voice quality, delivered through Polycom HD Voice technology
- A High-resolution, backlit graphical display
- Two lines
- Ease of configuration and use
- After logging in with the credentials Username:Polycom and Password:456 navigate to the Linesmenu.
- Enter the following information:
Display Name: NXXNXXXXXX
Authentication User ID: NXXNXXXXXX
Authentication Password: SIP Password
Address: x.ipcomms.net (Login to your account or open your Provisioning Letter to find your server/domain)
- After selecting Submit, the phone will reboot. Next navigate to the Network tab
- Be sure to set the Network Address Translation (NAT) rule. If you are using a simple router that cannot change the outgoing IP Address. Here the IP Address (External) will be set. If you do not know your external IP it can be found whatismyip.com.
- Signaling Port:5060
- Media Port Start:10000.
Upon rebooting, your phone should be connected to start making and receiving calls. To test this you can call
The Polycom SoundPoint IP331 phone is a 2-line phone that is POE capable, and is made for light-medium usage. Overall the IP 331 features excellent sound quality, dual switched Ethernet, and is a great value at it's price point. One of the major downfalls in configuring the phone is that it needs to reboot after any changes made.