Getting into the GUI
- To begin enter your IP Address, this can be found after you have setup your PBX.
- Next you will be taken to the landing screen, to make changes to the PBX, select the Users tab in the bottom left hand corner, after selected it will turn to Admin.
- Next select "FreePBX Administration"
- If this is your first time you will need to enter maint for the username and enter the password you created during the installation process.
To start the process of configuring your PBX, you will need to have your Asterisk Config information, this can be found in your myipcomms account. Then select Technical then Trunk Configuration then select View Asterisk Config. You can simply copy and paste your information for the trunk configuration. This current build of PBX in a Flash has a lot of failsafe's which could be frustrating at first, but will help to ensure that you do not run into any errors near the end. After any item has been created, it will show up on the right hand side in that specific category.
- To begin click on Trunks, then enter your information into the inbound and outbound boxes. If at anytime you would like to check your progress of configuring your PBX just select the FreePBX System Status on the top left hand corner.
- First we will setup our Inbound Routes you can choose any available DID of yours for the DID Number, then you will choose the destination for call queues.
- Next we will setup Outbound Routes, in this field you will have the option to setup outbound Dial Patterns for different filters used for this specific route.
- Next we will create an Extension, to begin you will need to choose your device. If you do not know what device you will be using, it is recommended to choose Generic SIP Device. Next you will create your User Extension, Display Name, and Secret (Password). After you have created your extension, you may then enter that information into your device.
- After you have created your routes and extensions you can finish configuration so you have a functioning PBX. If you would like to view more advanced setting, simply click on the Tools tab.
®Asterisk is a trademark of Digium Inc, FreePBX® is a Registered Trademark of Schmooze Com, Inc.