Today we will be configuring a Trunk for service with IPComms, to begin we simply copy and paste the information from your registration.
- After entering your Trunk Configuration information, click Save Changes.
- To check any information you have entered simply go to FreePBX System Status, from here you will be able to see any IP Phones and IP Trunks that are online, as well as some other information about your PBX.
- Next we setup an Inbound Route this will benefit you if you have multiple numbers, to avoid confusion and slower system speeds talk to IPComms about getting your numbers mapped to your current trunk. Having too many routes setup, or using out of date software could bog down your system.
- Next, we will setup the Outbound Routes, this current route is setup to take calls from any number that starts with a US prefix. Here you will also have the option to setup your route to automatically dial the 1, instead of doing it each call. International Routes may also be setup for different trunks.
- If you are having audio issues after setting up your routes you should change your NAT Settings. This is done by going to Asterisk SIP Settings in the Tools tab, and enter your IP Address in the External IP location and the Local Networks so they will automatically mask your IP Address.